Skin Cancer Detection and Management.
Early detection is the best treatment.
- There are ~70,000 new cases of Skin Cancer in New Zealand every year!
- ~90% of Skin Cancer cases are attributed to excess UV (Sun and tanning beds) exposure!
- New Zealand has one of the highest rates of Skin Cancer in the world!
- ~300 New Zealanders die each year from Melanoma with ~7 diagnoses every day.
- Taranaki has one of the highest rates of Melanoma in New Zealand!
Did you know that Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer is far more common than Melanoma?